Mug cakes are all the rage. They’re quick, satisfy your sweet tooth, and don’t burden you with a full cake calling your name in the kitchen.
Baby food jars are just the right size for gifting someone a single serving of deliciousness. It’s a match made in heaven 🙂
I painted the lids to make these look cute, but you could use a cupcake wrapper or piece of fabric to cover the Gerber advertisement on top. Layering ingredients also looks great, but is a bit more work, and these look just fine if you mix everything together and send them out that way.
Below are the recipes for the three cake mixes shown, chocolate (adapted from Table for Two, green lid), cinnamon (red lid), and chocolate chip (adapted from Kirbie’s Cravings, yellow lid). There are also printable tags with preparation instructions so the lucky recipient knows what to do.
Cinnamon Mug Cake Mix
- 6 Tbsp flour
- 2 Tbsp brown sugar
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tablespoon baking powder
- I prefer not to layer this one, since you have to put two servings in to fill up the jar. Instead, I mix everything together, then pour it in.
- To prepare: For each serving, add 1 Tbsp oil and 2 Tbsp milk to mix. Mix well and microwave for 70 seconds.
Chocolate Chip Mug Cake
- ¼ cup flour
- 1 tbsp brown sugar
- ¼ tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp chocolate chips
- Layering tip: Make one layer of flour and baking powder. Make second layer of brown sugar, and fill remaining space with chocolate chips.
- To prepare: Dump mix into mug. Add 3 tbsp milk and 1/2 tbsp oil to the mix and stir well. Microwave for 70 seconds. Enjoy!
PDF version: Mug Cake Tags
Editable version: Mug Cake Tags
Looking for more great gift ideas? Gotcha covered!
Don’t forget to pin!