It’s dinner fit for all the little beast and ghouls at your house. Monster Mac is one of those fun holiday treats that actually doesn’t take much effort at all. It’s as easy as making a box of mac ‘n cheese and operating a blender.
The green color comes from spinach, so you could even say this is *healthy* The eyes are simply sliced cheese stick and olive, and are totally optional, but they’re so easy and cute, I love the way they complete the treat.
I mean, who doesn’t want to eat a spoonful of something that looks like the Grouch?
Now, a few notes about this one. You can make this with just about any mac ‘n cheese recipe. You can use the box mix, or go as fancy as you like. I used a lovely box of off-brand mac and got the results above. Individual recipes will give you a slightly different color (it matters how orangey the original is. I did this last year with Kraft, and the color was much warmer). There is a slight taste difference due to the spinach, but I was the only one in the family who noticed, so I do mean slight. Just be aware if you’re serving to a picky eater!
Monster Mac 'n Cheese
Macaroni and Cheese
- 1 box macaroni and cheese
- ¼ cup milk
- 4 Tbsp butter
- 1 cup spinach
- cheese sticks
- black olives
Mac 'n Cheese
- Boil macaroni until soft.
- Drain, and add butter and cheese packet.
- In a blender, blend together spinach and milk.
- Add spinach mixture to macaroni. Stir until well combined.
- Slice cheese stick.
- Using a straw, poke a hole in the cheese slices.
- Using a straw, poke a hole in the olives.
- Slip the olive into the hole in the cheese.
- Place on top of bowls of macaroni.
Looking for more fun Halloween food? Check these out!
Don’t forget to pin!