Editing these photos was hard. We’d already eaten all of the truffles, and all I could think about was how much I needed one. They’re smooth and creamy, with a rich chocolatey taste. The marshmallows in the middle give a burst of sweetness, and the graham crackers add the perfect level of crunch.
I’d never made traditional truffles before, preferring to stick to Oreo balls (which are amazing, by the way), and absolutely LOVED the texture and the flavor. They are less sweet, but much richer than Oreo balls. They’re also deliciously melty, which meant we had to keep them in the refrigerator in this 90°+ heat. That turned out to be a plus – cool desserts are the best in hot weather!
A word of warning – making these is a pretty messy process. This could have had something to do with my hot hands, or the weather, but my hands were covered in chocolate and I had to wash them several times during the rolling. They’re worth it, but be prepared!
- 1 bag semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 3 Tbsp butter melted
- ⅓ cup milk
- 24 mini marshmallows
- 6 graham crackers crushed
- Melt chocolate chips in microwave in 30 second bursts, stirring in between.
- Whisk milk and butter into chocolate until smooth.
- Allow ganache to harden in refrigerator for 1-2 hours or until it reaches a consistency that can be scooped and rolled.
- Scoop and flatten chocolate. Place 1-2 mini-marshmallows in the center, then roll chocolate around into a ball.
- Roll balls in crushed graham crackers.
- Place truffles in an airtight container and store in the fridge.
Enjoy truffles? Check out these other recipes!
And don’t forget to pin!