Dustin is my husband, for those who don’t know. It should be noted that he is a very, very good cook. Like, excellent.
Anyway, he doesn’t do the cooking that often – what with working and going to school full time – but every once in a while, we get a treat and he makes this stir fry.
It’s taken me two years to get him to part with the recipe, so bookmark it or pin it or something, because this is hands down the best stir-fry ever. It’s deliciously spiced, but not drowning in sauce. The veggies are crisp and flavorful, and the meat is cooked to perfection. I tend to think “healthy” things don’t taste as good, but this? This is proving me wrong. My mouth is watering just thinking about it!
Dustin's Stir Fry
- 2 chicken breasts chopped
- 1 cup pepper strips
- 1 cup stir fry vegetables
- 1 tsp seasoned salt
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- soy or teriyaki sauce to taste
- In a greased frying pan, fry the chicken pieces until they are cooked through.
- Add the pepper strips, vegetables, and spices.
- Fry until vegetables are cooked.
- Add soy or teriyaki sauce to taste. Serve over rice.