This bread could accurately be called Death by Chocolate. But what a way to go, folks! The bread itself is decadently moist and chocolatey with melted morsels of chocolate chips. Then there’s the chocolate glaze on top. Drizzled or spread, it takes this bread to a whole new level.
My garden seems to be behind the times. It’s just started going crazy with the zucchini, and we have been making zucchini bread at least once a week. Now, we love plain old zucchini bread (and here’s a great recipe – you can top it with the buttercream or not!), but nothing, nothing compares to the triple chocolate loaf. My husband has been asking for it since I told him I planted zucchini and my son has dubbed this “nummy cake.” He asks for it constantly (but don’t worry, I don’t let him have a ton. I am not capable of handling an Alex hyped up on this stuff!).
Anyway, if you have zucchini lying around, you might want to consider adding this to your baking repertoire 🙂
Triple Chocolate Zucchini Bread
Dense chocolate zucchini bread with chocolate chips and a chocolate drizzle!
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1 1/2 cups zucchini, shredded
- 8 oz chocolate chips
- In the bowl of a stand mixer, combine oil, sour cream, sugars, eggs, and vanilla. Beat until well mixed.
- Add flour, cocoa powder, soda, baking powder, and salt and mix until combined and smooth.
- Add zucchini and 6 oz chocolate chips and mix until combined.
- Pour into greased loaf pan and bake at 350° for 50-55 minutes.
- Once cooled, remove loaf from pan. Melt last 2 oz of chocolate chips by microwaving in 30 sec bursts and stirring between until chocolate is smooth. Drizzle melted chocolate over bread.
- Serve and enjoy!
- This is also a great mini-loaves recipe. It will make 6-8 mini loaves depending on your pan. Lower your cooking time to 25-30 minutes.
Adapted from Princess in the Kitchen
Homan at Home http://homanathome.com/