I love pasta, but beyond spaghetti, I rarely make it at home. Ages ago, I stepped out of my comfort zone and made a Lemon Garlic Pasta, which has become on one of the most popular recipes on this blog. I guess I figure its about time for another pasta recipe – so I present to you Cheesy Pizza Pasta!
Cheesy Pizza Pasta is just about exactly what it says it is: there’s two kinds of cheese, a little pasta, and some pepperoni thrown in to boot. It has all the flavors of pizza combined with all the comfort of pasta, and – drumroll please – you don’t have to heat up the entire house. (It’s been over 95 here all week, if you couldn’t tell. I’m seriously considering serving ice cubes for our next dinner.)
The other nice thing about this pasta is that it can be served hot or cold, and tastes great either way. That means you could theoretically bring this to your next picnic or potluck. I say theoretically because there has been a dearth of picnics and potlucks in my area this year. One of you lovely readers will have to try it and report back to me 🙂
Oh, and My Fitness Pal claims that one serving of this pasta is 432 calories, just so you can be informed.
Cheesy Pizza Pasta
All the flavors of pizza in your favorite pasta!
- 2 cups penne pasta, cooked
- 1/4 onion, chopped
- 1/2 bell pepper, chopped
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 1/2 cup mozzarella cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese
- 1/4 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 pinch sugar
- pepperoni, canadian bacon, olives, any other pizza topping
- salt and pepper to taste
- In a small frying pan, sautee onions and peppers until onions are translucent.
- In a saucepan, mix together onion, pepper, and pasta. Add cheeses and stir until melted.
- Add tomato sauce, spices, and sugar and stir until well pasta is coated.
- Add any pizza toppings you may like.
- Pasta can be served hot or cold.
- I have trouble melting the mozzarella sometimes - it makes a giant clump around the wooden spoon. When that happens, I just break the clump up and enjoy giant, gorgeous clumps of melted cheese in my pasta. I actually kind of love it this way!
Homan at Home https://homanathome.com/
Looking for more yummy dinners? Check these out!
Lemon Garlic Pasta
Slow Cooker Chicken Spaghetti
Baked Meatball Subs
Don’t forget to pin!
(Visited 561 times, 1 visits today)