Fruit salad is about as summery as you can get. This is my favorite thing to bring to picnics and summer potlucks, and definitely my favorite thing to eat (unless there’s rice krispie treats. Then it’s a tie). In fact, there was almost not enough salad to photograph by the time I got to that point because I was snacking all along the way.
This salad has strawberries, two kinds of grape, and pineapple in it, but you can add in whatever fruits you like. The dressing is a citrus flavoring, so any oranges or kiwis would also go great. It really is the dressing that makes this. It’s tart and tangy with no sugar other than whatever they put in the orange juice – because who really needs to add sugar to a bowl of fruit? Anyway, the tartness brings out the natural flavors of the fruit making this a guilt-free, delicious little scoop of heaven.
Fruit Salad with Citrus Dressing
- 1 pineapple chopped
- 1 quart strawberries chopped
- 1 cup red grapes chopped in half
- 1 cup green grapes chopped in half
- ½ cup orange juice
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1 Tbsp lime juice
- Mix chopped fruit together in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl, mix together orange, lemon, and lime juice.
- Pour dressing over fruit and toss until fruit is coated.
Looking for more fruity treats? Check these out!
Don’t forget to pin!