Today was one of those days when you look in the cupboard and don’t want to eat anything you’ve got. When that happens, I take to my favorite blog, Six Sisters Stuff, and look for new recipes. I found one I wanted to make, but it required enchilada sauce. I didn’t want to go to the store, so I found myself a recipe and started cooking. It was super easy and turned out extremely well.
If you want to leave the sauce chunky, you can. It adds nice texture to your meal. Or, you can do like I did and run the sauce through a food processor for a gorgeously silky texture. It’s up to you!
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 1/4 cup flour
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 1/2 tsp oregano
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/4 onion, diced
- 1 Tbsp brown sugar
- 2 Tbsp + 2 tsp chili powder
- Heat oil in saucepan.
- Whisk in flour until fully incorporated.
- Add tomatoes and spices.
- Bring to boil and allow to thicken (about 5 minutes).
- For smoother sauce, blend in food processor.
- Finished sauce will keep for 2 weeks in a refrigerated air-tight container.
Don’t forget to pin!