Dustin would like me to tell you that this is his new favorite meal. In spite of the fact that is he in inveterate avocado hater, apparently, this Fiesta Chicken Bowl makes even the dreaded avocado look good. I personally love avocado, so that was a major draw in this recipe, along with all of the other flavors.
The bowl starts with a bed of Mexican rice made in a rice cooker. You top that with grilled chicken, grated cheese, avocado, sour cream, and lime juice. Have I sold you yet? Because the best is yet to come!
I know this sounds like a cheat meal, but we use brown rice and lite sour cream to reduce the calorie count to 361 calories per serving, which works perfectly with our new eating style. I add a little side salad to bring the count up to 400, and it’s a deliciously filling dinner with tons of flavor and good fats. Can’t go wrong here!
Fiesta Chicken Bowl
Rice, chicken, avocado, and cheese combine to make a delicious and filling dinner!
- 4 chicken tenderloins
- 2 Tbsp taco seasoning
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 cup brown rice
- 2 1/2 cups water
- 1 can diced tomatoes with chilies
- 2 avocados
- 4 Tbsp sour cream
- 1 cup grated cheese
- lime juice
- In a Ziploc bag, combine taco seasoning and water.
- Add tenderloins and make sure marinade covers them.
- Allow to marinate for 1 hour.
- Bake or grill at 400° for 15-20 minutes or until internal temperature reaches 160°.
- In a rice cooker, combine rice, water, and diced tomatoes.
- Allow to cook in rice cooker until done.
- Layer rice, cut up chicken, cheese, avocado slices, and sour cream in bowl. Sprinkle lime juice over the top.
- 1/2 cup rice mixture
- 1 chicken tenderloin
- 1 Tbsp sour cream
- 1/4 cup cheese
- 1/2 avocado
Homan at Home http://homanathome.com/