Still trying to lose the baby weight over here, which means my quest for healthy recipes continues. This week’s gem comes from Six Sister’s Stuff. This is delicious, filling, and low-fat!
Tex-Mex Chicken Casserole
- Tex-Mex Chicken Casserole
- 2 Tbps dried onion
- 1 Tbsp olive oil
- 1 package chicken Rice-a-Roni
- 1 3/4 cups water
- 1 chicken bouillon cube
- 1 chicken breast, chopped and cooked
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- 1 canned diced green chilies
- 1 1/2 tsp chili powder
- 1 tsp basil
- 1/8 tsp cumin
- 1/8 tsp pepper
- 1/2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- In a saucepan, heat oil. Stir in the dried onion and Rice-a-Roni mix, including the seasoning packet.
- Cook for 1-2 minutes, or until vermicelli is browned.
- Stir in water and bouillon cube, bring to boil, then reduce heat and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Stir in all ingredients except cheese.
- Transfer to a 13x9.
- Bake at 425° for 25 minutes. Remove from oven and top with cheese. Allow cheese to melt, then serve.
Homan at Home http://homanathome.com/