My slow cooker was one of the best wedding gifts I received. It’s allowed us to have home cooked meals even with me working full time and pregnant. Now with the baby almost here, I’m figuring it will be a life saver!
This spaghetti can be put together in about 5 minutes in the morning, and all you have to do is boil some spaghetti noodles and shred the chicken when you get home from work. Couldn’t be easier!
And the result is pretty darn good. The super simple tomato sauce has just the right blend of spices, and the chicken gets so tender and juicy in the slow cooker. Trust me, this is one dinner you want to make 🙂
Slow Cooker Chicken Spaghetti
- 2 chicken breasts (frozen works!)
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 tsp granulated sugar
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp onion powder
- salt and pepper to taste
- spaghetti noodles
- Spray the slow cooker with non-stick cooking spray.
- Place the chicken breasts at the bottom, then dump the tomato sauce and diced tomatoes on top. The tomato mixture should cover the chicken.
- Add the spices and cook on low for 6-8 hours or on high for 3-4.
- Remove chicken from slow cooker and shred, then return to sauce.
- Serve over cooked noodles.
Homan at Home http://homanathome.com/
We like to eat this with a side salad and some homemade “garlic bread.” Basically, I toast a piece of bread, butter it, and then sprinkle salt and garlic powder over the top. Tastes great on Whole Wheat Bread.
Not quite gourmet, but it seems to work 🙂
Don’t forget to pin!
(Visited 499 times, 2 visits today)